Join our IntelliCredit team.
Loan Review Documentation Specialist (Remote)
Contract, Part-Time and Full-Time
Why Work at IntelliCredit™?
We are a credit risk consultancy powered by SaaS technology and backed by an established fintech parent company. Our clients are banks and credit unions and our work is fast-paced and customer-focused. We seek self-starters, problem solvers, and industry experts who enjoy working with a team while having fun. We value collaboration at all levels, so hang your ego at the door. Future team members must contribute to our culture.
Brief Description of Position
The Loan Review Documentation Specialist position works within a three-to-five-person team that performs confidential financial institution loan reviews for a different lender each week. You will review 20-25 commercial loans per day (we call it “turning files”) of various sizes and complexities, adding value by reviewing technical loan documents including promissory notes, security instruments, and guaranty agreements to ensure they’ve been prepared and perfected accurately. You’ll document your findings utilizing IntelliCredit’s proprietary, web-based, loan review technology.
The position works remotely with up to five percent travel.
- High School diploma required; Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in loan documentation (e.g., with a financial institution, law firm, etc.) or general legal documentation (e.g., as a paralegal, legal assistant, etc.)
- General working knowledge of commercial, commercial real estate, construction and development, residential mortgage, and retail loans
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Strong communication skills and time management capabilities
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to adding value to our team culture and our clients
- Review approximately 20-25 loans per day focusing on the most important documentation issues that affect risk and loan collectability. You will communicate and defend your findings within our proprietary, web-based loan review technology.
- Determine/confirm type of loan(s) reviewed, nature of collateral, and loan purpose.
- Identify and differentiate the respective parties (e.g., borrower, guarantor, grantor, etc.) to the loan transaction(s).
- Identify and analyze the fundamental terms of the loan transaction within the loan documents to ensure consistency with the financial institution’s underwriting.
- Review and analyze debt instruments to ensure basic legal enforceability.
- Review and analyze collateral/security instruments to ensure basic legal enforceability and to ensure perfection of the grantee’s interest in the encumbered collateral consistent with the parties’ intent.
- Review appraisals/valuations of real estate collateral to provide values, type of values, and type of property.
- Provide excellent customer service and build long-lasting relationships with the loan review team and with new and existing clients through consistent communication and follow-up.
- On an ongoing basis, provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the loan review process and make it more efficient and cost-effective.
Submit Your Resume
* Indicates a required field
"This is the most substantive and efficient loan review I've experienced in my entire career."
"We believe the IntelliCredit team has put together the most innovative, efficient — and affordable — credit review process we've seen. It certainly helps that they've developed this solution using their deep credit experience working with community bankers."